Role: Product Designer, UI/UX Designer
Created Year: 2016 (updated in 2018)
Used Software/Tools: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Paper Prototype
Tags: User Interface, User Experience, Mobile Application, Android
Hearth is a social recipe app designed for party host to help them with party planning from invitation to food preparation.
Social Connection: Find out what your friends are cooking or even the things they like, don’t like or can’t eat.
Party Planner: Hosting a party and feeding your friends shouldn’t be so difficult. Use Hearth’s Party Planner to create your party and select meals based on your invited friends.
Adjustable Serving Size: Whether it is for yourself or multiple people (6?!), manage the ingredients quantity so you don’t end up with leftovers.
Notification: Stay notified when friends are attending the party or providing food suggestions.
Interview Questions & Answers
3 Top Competitors
Message Board Mining
1. Not easy to track which recipes were used or not.
2. Cooked too much of food and end up with leftovers that ends up in a waste bin.
3. Too much hassel to plan meal gathering party.
4. Hard to track friends diet and allergies.
1. Provide easy and manageable list to separate the saved and used recipes.
2. Allow user to adjust the service size based on their intended meal preparation.
3. Provide an easy party planner which includes menu preparation and invite friends to join.
4. Allow user to connect with his or her friends to check their dietary restrictions.
Age Range: Mid 20s to 30s.
Education: Bachelor's degree and higher.
Income: Minimum of 50k per year or higher.
Who: People who likes to cook at home and likes to throw party and serve food to others.
Goal: To help the party host with party planning including food preparation and bring people closer together through food.